httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building the trunk
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:26:00 GMT
On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear dev,
>
> Graham asked me to test out a new feature of the form auth module. So,
> I checked out the trunk, and got into a bit of a tangle.

Just as with httpd 2.4.x, use apr 1.x and apr-util 1.x with httpd trunk.

Heck, its even easier if the changes are limited to mod_auth_form.c:

Download mod_auth_form.c from trunk (or check out httpd trunk).
/path/to/24-install/bin/apxs -c mod_auth_form.c.

> I checked out http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk into
> srclib/apr, and then I ran buildconf, and then I tried to run
> configure. It tells me:
>
> configure:
> configure: Configuring Apache Portable Runtime Utility library...
> configure:
> configure: error: APR-util not found.  Please read the documentation.

apr trunk includes APR-util, and I guess that certain httpd builds are
not prepared for that.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/