httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: If-Match not supported with PROPFIND?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:33:05 GMT
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Timothy Wood <tjw@omnigroup.com> wrote:

> My reading of the WebDAV spec leads me to believe that PROPFIND should support If-Match,
but trying it and looking at the code for dav_method_propfind() I don't see a call to dav_validate_request(),
dav_meets_conditions() or ap_meets_conditions().

You're right! Looks like I totally spaced on a call to
dav_validate_request() for PROPFIND.

> Is my reading of the spec incorrect, or is this an oversight? I guess I'll work up a
patch!

As Julian stated, that stuff really should move out of mod_dav and
into the core httpd to apply to all requests (ie. likely move all the
logic into ap_meets_conditions). But at a minimum, you should be able
to fix it for PROPFIND. Be wary, though: I suspect that you're going
to need to perform the validation in the *walker*. ie. the If- headers
would apply to all resources touched by the request (caused by the
Depth: header).

Cheers,
-g