httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Wood <...@omnigroup.com>
Subject Re: If-Match not supported with PROPFIND?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:41:32 GMT

On Sep 26, 2012, at 1:25 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> RFC 4918 defines it as a header field that applies to any method (same as all RFC 2616
conditional header fields).

Right, which is why I was hoping it would work with PROPFIND.

> That being said, as ETags and timestamps do not necessarily change on WebDAV property
changes, using it with PROPFIND may be tricky. And, as you have seen, support is likely to
be spotty.

In this case, the change is adding new member being added to a collection. Apache does change
the ETag in this case (verified in the litmus patch), so the If and If-Match headers should
work as predicates.

-tim