httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: If-Match not supported with PROPFIND?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:25:15 GMT
On 2012-09-25 04:38, Timothy Wood wrote:

> My reading of the WebDAV spec leads me to believe that PROPFIND should support If-Match,
but trying it and looking at the code for dav_method_propfind() I don't see a call to dav_validate_request(),
dav_meets_conditions() or ap_meets_conditions().

> Is my reading of the spec incorrect, or is this an oversight? I guess I'll work up a
patch!

> Thanks!

RFC 4918 defines it as a header field that applies to any method (same
as all RFC 2616 conditional header fields).

That being said, as ETags and timestamps do not necessarily change on
WebDAV property changes, using it with PROPFIND may be tricky. And, as
you have seen, support is likely to be spotty.

Best regards, Julian