httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: which apr-util is really "desired" for the 2.2.X branch
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:48:25 GMT
Hi Michael,
Am 19.09.2012 20:51, schrieb Michael Felt:
> I have downloading an apr-1.5.X via SVN.
then you have the STATUS file which lists the details I post below
inline ...

> They are working on a release of apr-util-1.5.1. I may not have looked
> correctly, but I do not see a release of apr-1.5.0.
yes, 1.5.0 was only tagged but not released - we moved forward due to
some probs ...

> I have built against these versions with no issues I have noticed for
> httpd (make check for apr-util-1.5.1 is not perfect) - however, as a
> packager I would "prefer" to be packaging against/with known release
> numbers.
then you have to wait until the APR folks either release 1.5.1, or ditch
it and again move on to 1.5.2 ...

> I shall package the current apr-1.5.0, but just call it "beta", and
> apr-util once it is released.
no; then you would pack a version which was never released! The recent
offical version is 1.4.1, and this will stay until we release something
newer ...

see here for the current official releases:
http://apr.apache.org/

please direct further discussion about APR/APU/API to the apr devel list ;-)

greets, G√ľnter.