httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: Linking mod_ssl with a specific OpenSSL version
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:42:06 GMT
On 18.09.2012 17:55, Ben Laurie wrote:
> though I still have to actually install openssl somewhere,
> which would be irritating if I had to do any serious development. That
> said, I could probably figure out how to work around that if I needed
> to...

Something like the following will make your OpenSSL build directory
behave like an installation directory to httpd's configure:

  cd /wherever/the/compiled/openssl/sources/are
  mkdir -p lib/pkgconfig
  echo prefix=`pwd` > lib/pkgconfig/openssl.pc
  tail +2 openssl.pc >> lib/pkgconfig/openssl.pc
  cd lib
  for l in ../*.a ../*.so*; do ln -s $l; done

(by omitting the symlinks for *.so*, it's possible to force the static
versions of libcrypto and libssl being used for mod_ssl)

> Now ... what about the backport? :-)

Proposed for 2.4 in r1387613.

Kaspar