httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1389575 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:45:30 GMT

On Sep 24, 2012, at 5:01 PM, jim@apache.org wrote:
>                                                          -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
> Changes with Apache 2.5.0
>
> +  *) mod_headers: New params: %l for load averages, %i for an
> +     idle percentage rating of httpd, and %b for a busy percentage
> +     rating. [Jim Jagielski]
> +

The long-term intent for the above is to support a new load
balancer provider, which uses the response header info
from the backend for its balancing calculations. It would
be great if we could define some sort of "universal"
(unofficial but commonly used) header and format so that
httpd could balancer other backends...

Thoughts? Suggestions?