httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1387603 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:45:04 GMT
The issue is that muddies the waters as far as "whose balancer
is this"... For example, let's assume you define balancer://foo
at the top level and it is inherited by vhost1 and vhost2.

If you change a balancer setting in vhost1, should that change
be automatically made to the one in vhost2? Or is it specific
to vhost1?

Personally, I feel that the inheritance is majorly wrong and a
major bug. Now that we are allowing realtime changes to these
params, we need to restrict them to per-server, which means
no inheritance.