httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: mpm-itk and upstream Apache, once again
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:58:16 GMT
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Steinar H. Gunderson
<> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:27:04AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> What changes are needed to httpd trunk so that you can build mpm-itk
>> with apxs and enable it via LoadModule, such that mpm-itk is fully
>> functional?  As I'm sure you're aware, prefork, worker, and event are
>> all untied from core enough to support that in httpd >= 2.4.
> We'd need:
>   1. A hook right after merging the perdir config.
>   2. Fixes to get Apache to drop the connection if it detects
>      (during .htaccess lookup) that it would need to change the uid.
> Both patches are simple, although for #2 to be truly generic (ie. be usable
> by mod_privileges as well) we'd need some sort of signalling mechanism saying
> “we have switched uids and cannot switch back”, which then both
> mod_privileges (in secure mode) and mpm-itk could set.
> I've attached the current versions of both patches from my current Apache 2.4
> patch set; you can see the “ap_running_under_mpm_itk” variable which would
> probably need to be replaced by ap_mpm_query() or similar.
> /* Steinar */
> --
> Homepage:

Your post-perdir-config patch has been committed to trunk with r1368121.

Attached is a patch to trunk that allows you to hook in to the stat
calls from directory walk.  Call apr_stat() like core_dirwalk_stat()
but check for APR_STATUS_IS_EACCES(rv) and decide whether to run
lingering close and exit.  Let us know how that goes.

You still need the parse-htaccess patch for now.

Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message