httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <>
Subject Re: Ideas for an output filter for mod_lua
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 22:02:13 GMT
On 22 Aug 2012, at 22:25, Daniel Gruno <> wrote:

>> Would your concept meaningfully generalise beyond application-level filters?
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, could you elaborate?
> If you want some more sophisticated examples of what could be achieved with Lua filtering,
I'd be happy to provide some more details on how this concept could be utilised.

I don't know if this is another way of phrasing Nick's question or not, but would I be able
to implement gzip Transfer-Encoding: just using Lua and this new directive?

I found (bug 52860) it a bit tricky to achieve in C, so I think it could be harder still with
the extra limitations of the Lua environment. My C code uses AP_FTYPE_TRANSCODE which I think
is the right choice but few modules get involved at this filtering stage.

Tim Bannister –

View raw message