httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: Ideas for an output filter for mod_lua
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:23:26 GMT
On 08/23/2012 11:32 PM, Tim Bannister wrote:
> On 23 Aug 2012, at 11:45, Daniel Gruno <rumble@cord.dk> wrote:
>> On 08/23/2012 12:02 AM, Tim Bannister wrote:
> My patch is for implementing gzip compression by httpd, not decompression, but the code
will look pretty similar.
> 
> That's quite neat, then. I will try to make an actual implementation in Lua.
> The part I found difficult was the interaction with the second transfer-encoding, “chunked”.
Using gzip Transfer-Encoding: implies using chunked, because we want to shorten the response
and this means that the Content-Length definitely doesn't match the size of the HTTP response
body.
> 
I took a shot at an actual compression filter in Lua today, that uses
zlib to deflate buckets and sends it as chunked data to the client.

The script I used can be found at http://apaste.info/OPHa and I've
verified that it works well for compressing text (I compressed a 50kb
html output from a Lua script down to a 5kb chunked message with 4
separate chunks due to calling r:flush() in the script)

The documentation for these new filters can be temporarily found at
http://www.humbedooh.com/mod_lua.html.en#modifying_buckets while I
polish it off for final committing (I have a bad habit of committing
stuff, then making 10 new revisions later on ;) ).

I just need to finish off some final adjustments, and I'll be committing
the Lua filter support to the trunk for review and nagging.

With regards,
Daniel.

Mime
View raw message