httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 2.4.3 Released
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:06:55 GMT
On 08/21/2012 06:55 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>    NOTE to Windows users: The issues with AcceptFilter None replacing
>         Win32DisableAcceptEx appears to have resolved starting with version
>         2.4.3 make Apache httpd 2.4.x suitable for Windows servers.

I noticed the following blurb from previous announcements went away:

There
    is not yet a Windows binary distribution of httpd 2.4, but this is
    expected to be remedied soon as various dependencies graduate from
    beta to GA.

Does this mean that binary distribution will be available soon?
Will there also be a separate source distribution with the proper crlf
for those tools that are stupid and don't work right?

Also, I notice that the Unix build instructions were updated to deal
with no longer bundling various dependencies (apr, apr-util, pcre) but
the Windows build instructions:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/win_compiling.html

don't really discuss this.

Is this something that will be updated, or will a separate windows
source distribution still contain the dependencies under srclib?

Thanks,
Andy