httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1332643 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/ssl/mod_ssl.c
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:58:16 GMT
On 8/20/2012 3:36 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> There seems to be a problem with this commit.
> mod_ssl.c
> .\mod_ssl.c(288) : error C2491: 'modssl_run_npn_advertise_protos_hook' : definition of
> dllimport function not allowed
> .\mod_ssl.c(294) : error C2491: 'modssl_run_npn_proto_negotiated_hook' : definition of
> dllimport function not allowed

That's because the API design is invalid.  As I noted in the 2.2 backport
status file;

   * mod_ssl: Add support for Next Protocol Negotiation.
     Trunk patch:
     2.2.x patch:
       http://www.links.org/files/npn-patch-2.2.patch
     +1: benl
     sf notes: needs the buffer overflow fix from r1345599, too
     wrowe notes: also needs correction to
       ssl_engine_kernel.c: In function 'ssl_callback_AdvertiseNextProtos':
       ssl_engine_kernel.c:2140:5: warning: implicit declaration of function
                                   'modssl_run_npn_advertise_protos_hook'
                  Including mod_ssl.h after ssl_private.h seems to suffice.
                  The change introduces hard linkages from modules into
                  mod_ssl.so (distinct from httpd), AP is the incorrect
                  namespace, see mod_dav main hooks as an example.
                  Prior to this patch all calls to mod_ssl were by way of
                  registered functions through apr bindings.  Seems there
                  aught to be a way to add an npn cooperating module when
                  mod_ssl is not loaded, but right now it would fail.
                  An mmn minor bump would also be required for API addition.