httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: exports break even but not equal...
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 12:30:58 GMT
Hi all,
below a post I received from NormW where he was on some awk export
script hacking, and found these in-consistencies ...

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Seems the header should change: http_log.h
In httpd-trunk:
 From ap_config.h:

>  * @note AP_DECLARE_DATA extern type apr_variable; syntax is required for
>-  * declarations within headers to properly import the variable.
>+  * declarations within headers to properly export the variable.
here I disagree, and this should probably be:
 >+  * declarations within headers to properly import/export the variable.
since on Windows it does both dependent on buidling or consuming the
lib. For the rest below I think we should change them and always have
AP_DECLARE_DATA 1st as it is described in the note; any objections that
I fix these?

in http_core.h:
> /* Handles for core filters */
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_subreq_core_filter_handle;
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_core_output_filter_handle;
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_content_length_filter_handle;
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_core_input_filter_handle;

in http_log.h:
> extern int AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_default_loglevel;

in mod_core.h:
> /* Handles for core filters */
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_http_input_filter_handle;
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_http_header_filter_handle;
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_chunk_filter_handle;
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_http_outerror_filter_handle;
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA ap_filter_rec_t *ap_byterange_filter_handle;
> /* Used for multipart/byteranges boundary string */
> extern AP_DECLARE_DATA const char *ap_multipart_boundary;

As an extra, just found http_core.c, which 'includes' mod_core.h, also
has the same AP_DECLARE_DATA statements (minus 'extern') but at least
there they are done right! But alas, they should not be there AFAIK;
perhaps if they assigned a value, but nope.

They are about the only odd ones in trunk.
Consistency IS nice.
Norm