httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linking mod_ssl with a specific OpenSSL version (Re: svn commit: r1358167 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: acinclude.m4 modules/ssl/ssl_engine_init.c)
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 09:47:06 GMT
Am 08.08.2012 07:39, schrieb Kaspar Brand:
> On 06.08.2012 22:08, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>>
>>> That's an option, yes, although the way the proposed option would work
>>> doesn't mirror the typical case of --with-xyz-include/--with-xyz-lib
>>> (i.e., add those args with -I and -L): "--with-ssl-builddir" forces
>>> mod_ssl to always be linked with the static libraries in that directory.
>>> Maybe --with-ssl-static-libdir would be a more appropriate name?
>>
>> Why not simply consume the installed openssl.pc?
>
> In this particular case we're talking about using an OpenSSL build
> directory, i.e. the generated openssl.pc is sitting in a temporary
> location in that build tree (and when used, would output incorrect
> includedir/libdir locations).
probably a dumb question and I'm missing something, but:
why is this necessary at all? Given someone wants to build/link against
a development version of OpenSSL why should he ommit the last step of
installing OpenSSL to a separate location? Wouldnt everything work fine
using --with-ssl= and building OpenSSL static-only + installing to a
separate development location?

Gün.