httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for an output filter for mod_lua
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:49:10 GMT
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:32:20 +0100
Tim Bannister <isoma@jellybaby.net> wrote:

> That's quite neat, then. I will try to make an actual implementation in Lua.
> The part I found difficult was the interaction with the second transfer-encoding, “chunked”.
Using gzip Transfer-Encoding: implies using chunked, because we want to shorten the response
and this means that the Content-Length definitely doesn't match the size of the HTTP response
body.

gzip is a content-encoding, not a transfer-encoding.

That makes it easy to implement: content filters and protocol
filters work at different levels, so can coexist without trouble.

--
Nick Kew