httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Adopt the comments.a.o system to the 2.2 and 2.4 branch of the httpd docs
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:14:38 GMT
On Sun, 8 Jul 2012, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> [ ] +1: Adopt the comments.a.o system in the 2.2 and 2.4 branch of docs
> [ ]  0: I don't care
> [ ] -1: Don't adopt the system, because....

I am +1 in principle, providing that some issues are fixed:

Currently, it is possible to make comments.a.o send mail to arbitrary
recipients because the email addresses are not verified. IMHO comments.a.o
should only send mail to addresses that have been verified. This would
mean that the email notification service would require an account.

Also, it may be problematic that URLs that lack the protocol part (e.g. are accepted. But it may be enough if such spam comments
are removed by the moderators (at least if the mail address problem is

View raw message