httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: utf-8 -> punycode for ServerName|Alias?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:11:58 GMT
On 30 Jul 2012, at 23:00, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> Exactly my point.  If you configure a utf-8 hostname, we know in fact it is
> a punycode encoding of that value, which is why I believe it makes sense to
> represent both when you test the vhost configs with -D DUMP_VHOSTS.  If you
> configure a punycode hostname, it will be accepted with no hassle.  There
> is no such thing as an actual utf-8 or extended ASCII (8 bit) hostname.

At the moment I have configuration (not working, but “ready” anyway :-) for the same virtual
host in UTF-8 and punycode variants. I could easily set one of them to differ from the other.

How will the new httpd handle this kind of situation? I think what I'd expect is a warning
and then for one of them to take precedence and the other to be ignored.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net