httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A Rowe Jr"<wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Scripting for a windows installer
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 02:31:20 GMT
With 2.4... once we clear up the socket misbehavior in AcceptFilter none
node, its time to reinvent the msi installer.

First question before us is host scripting language.  One option is utf8
enabled awk and custom dll's as in the 2.2 package.

Another option with one downside is to script the install using PowerShell.
It was introduced to all installations in Vista and 2008 R2 server.  I dont
care about EOL'ed XP users needing to provision it, but what is the group
concensus about having 2008 (original release) users pre provision it?

WSH windows scripting host would be lovely if it spoke utf8, but as a
practical matter, support for utf8 is poor to nonexistant depending on what
you are trying to rewrite.  Powershell overcomes this defect.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid