httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: mpm-itk and upstream Apache, once again
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:54:56 GMT
On 19 Jul 2012, at 18:22, Graham Leggett wrote:

> I would hate to have to troubleshoot this - two completely independent behaviors, with
the same symptom but completely different cause.

> Nick is right, a 500 is the right thing to do here.

I'm really not convinced. I'd expect a user agent to retry in the keepalive-disconnect case,
whereas a 500 response usually gets displayed to the user. Very different experiences.

I think there's a case for leaving itk separate, a bit like mod_fcgid. It is a bit unusual
and troubleshooting won't be straightforward.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net