httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Scripting for a windows installer
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 04:42:23 GMT
On 7/14/2012 9:35 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> On 7/13/2012 7:31 PM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
>>  I dont care about EOL'ed XP users needing to provision it, but what
>> is the group concensus about having 2008 (original release) users pre
>> provision it?
>
> Neither XP or 2003 are EOL'd, not till April 2014 IIRC.

Correction, it still has security support till then and do not expect
them to go away just yet.

Something that I have noticed with people who install with the .msi, it
would be nice to have an upgrade option. Many newbs are fearful of
uninstalling to upgrade since they do not know it will leave behind and
not overwrite what the want saved and not overwritten.