httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Time for Apache httpd 2.4.3 ??
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:01:09 GMT
On 13.07.2012 18:02, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> If these can be added somewhat quickly, I'm willing to fast-track
> them into 2.4.3.

I drafted a patch available at

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/httpd-trunk-status-codes-iana.patch

Coments:

- I didn't fix the indentation in include/httpd.h in order
   to keep the patch readable.
   Some of the new codes have a short description which is a bit longer
   than the longest one used up to now.

- I didn't "fix" the old define named "HTTP_REQUEST_URI_TOO_LARGE"
   which should have been "HTTP_REQUEST_URI_TOO_LONG" since it
   is defined in a public header file

- I included all changes proposed by Julian

- there is a big gap of unused numbers between 208 and 226 which
   I filled with "unknown" as was done before due to the limitations
   in ap_index_of_response() (focus on performance there)

- I added canned error strings for the new codes

- I did not yet define new error documents. The new pages could be

HTTP_PRECONDITION_REQUIRED         428
HTTP_TOO_MANY_REQUESTS             429
HTTP_REQUEST_HEADER_FIELDS_TOO_LARGE 431
HTTP_LOOP_DETECTED                 508
HTTP_NETWORK_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED 511

   Furthermore some other 4xx and 5xx codes already defined in httpd.h
also have no error page:

HTTP_PAYMENT_REQUIRED              402
HTTP_NOT_ACCEPTABLE                406
HTTP_PROXY_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED 407
HTTP_CONFLICT                      409
HTTP_RANGE_NOT_SATISFIABLE         416
HTTP_EXPECTATION_FAILED            417
HTTP_UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY          422
HTTP_LOCKED                        423
HTTP_FAILED_DEPENDENCY             424
HTTP_UPGRADE_REQUIRED              426
HTTP_GATEWAY_TIME_OUT              504
HTTP_VERSION_NOT_SUPPORTED         505
HTTP_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE          507
HTTP_NOT_EXTENDED                  510

I guess that means defining ones for the new codes is not a must ...

- I did not check, which of the new codes actually should change
behaviour of the web server!!

Regards,

Rainer