httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <denni...@conversis.de>
Subject mod_mime_magic doesn't process files smaller than 63 bytes?
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 22:42:11 GMT
Hi,
I just ran into an interesting Problem. There are two gif files without
extensions and one gets delivered as image/gif and the other as text/plain.
What I found is that if I append 0-bytes to the text/plain gif (a 1x1
transparent pixel gif) then it get delivered as soon as the size reaches 63
bytes.
I can't really think of a reason why a small file shouldn't be processed
like other files. The gif entry in the mime magic files just checks for the
first three bytes being "GIF" so I think this file should be recognized.

The Apache version I'm using is 2.2.15 from CentOS 6. I've also tried this
with 2.2.22 from Fedora 15 and see the same issue there.

Any idea what could be going on here?

Regards,
  Dennis