httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: Scripting for a windows installer
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 12:41:24 GMT
On 14 Jul 2012, at 03:31, William A Rowe Jr wrote:

> Another option with one downside is to script the install using PowerShell.  It was introduced
to all installations in Vista and 2008 R2 server.  I dont care about EOL'ed XP users needing
to provision it, but what is the group concensus about having 2008 (original release) users
pre provision it?

> WSH windows scripting host would be lovely if it spoke utf8, but as a practical matter,
support for utf8 is poor to nonexistant depending on what you are trying to rewrite.  Powershell
overcomes this defect.

I'd be happy to see PowerShell used here. I think httpd contributors are more likely to know
/ learn PowerShell than alternatives like WSH.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net