httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mpm-itk and upstream Apache, once again
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:39:25 GMT
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 04:17:44PM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> Furthermore, Fedora has recently accepted the mpm-itk patch into their Apache
> packages.

For the record, that is not accurate.  The Fedora httpd package does not
contain the mpm-itk patch, I have repeatedly refused to add it since it
makes changes to core httpd which need to go through upstream review.
Using such arguments to "bully" upstream into taking patches is not a
great way to build goodwill, IMO.

Somebody has apparently added a completely separate httpd-itk package
which does include the patch, which is totally dumb IMO, but we (Fedora)
apparently don't legislate against that in the review process.

Regards, Joe