httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunder...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: mpm-itk and upstream Apache, once again
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:38:31 GMT
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:27:04AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> What changes are needed to httpd trunk so that you can build mpm-itk
> with apxs and enable it via LoadModule, such that mpm-itk is fully
> functional?  As I'm sure you're aware, prefork, worker, and event are
> all untied from core enough to support that in httpd >= 2.4.

We'd need:

  1. A hook right after merging the perdir config.
  2. Fixes to get Apache to drop the connection if it detects
     (during .htaccess lookup) that it would need to change the uid.

Both patches are simple, although for #2 to be truly generic (ie. be usable
by mod_privileges as well) we'd need some sort of signalling mechanism saying
“we have switched uids and cannot switch back”, which then both
mod_privileges (in secure mode) and mpm-itk could set.

I've attached the current versions of both patches from my current Apache 2.4
patch set; you can see the “ap_running_under_mpm_itk” variable which would
probably need to be replaced by ap_mpm_query() or similar.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/