httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bongjae Chang <bongjae.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject CLOSE_WAIT problem
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 05:35:08 GMT
Hi all,

When I tested mod_proxy + mod_proxy_balancer + (mod_proxy_ajp or
mod_proxy_http) with worker mpm, I always met CLOSE_WAIT state in apache
proxy side.

I tested the following scenario.

- Sending a request at the browser -> apache,  mod proxy -> ajp or http java
server(1)
- Normally, browser received the response correctly and the connection state
was ESTABLISHED.
- And java server closed the ajp or http connection with timeout(Or
terminate java server forcibly).
- Then apache proxy machine always had the CLOSE_WAIT state about the
connection.

It seemed that the apache proxy modules did not try to close the invalid
socket which had been already closed at the peer side(the backend java
server side).

Perhaps is it already the known issue?

Please give me some advice if I am misunderstanding something.

Thanks!

--
apache version: 2.4.2
backend java server: grizzly http/ajp, playframework(maybe it uses netty)

Regards,
Bongjae Chang