httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Status of Windows-work for 2.4.x
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 20:12:27 GMT
On 5/3/2012 8:47 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I'm curious what the status of 2.4.x-on-Windows is... What else
> can we do to speed this along?

Can't speak for anyone but myself; I am just recovering from a month of changing machines
over and over again due to a dead critical/primary laptop.  Now that I have two (impressed
with the evolution of the Dell E6420, but absolutely wow'ed by the newest Sony SE series,
except for its two cores not four, and a sort-of-icky chicklet keyboard) I stand a chance
of now messing around with 2.4 branch and trunk once again.

I'm thinking of a simple patch; in -D APR_SOCKET_DEBUG build of apr, assert() on a recheck
of every on apr_os_sock_make().  If you inject a socket with ioctl flags in the wrong
default mode, it should just freak out.  This wouldn't be a release flag, of course but
should get us to the bottom of this flaw.