httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Duarte Silva <duarte.si...@serializing.me>
Subject Apache proxy sending client certificate on behalf of the client
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 19:53:37 GMT
Hi all,

I know this should be imposssible ("sounds" to me like a MITM), but bare with
me for a second and please tell me if this is in any way possible:

Client (HTTPS request) -> Apache (Forward Proxy) -> Server (HTTPS)
                          \___________________/
                                   \/
                Sends the client certificate on behalf of
                               the client

Note that the client is able to create SSL connections but it is not able to
send client certificate. Since the Apache is the one openning the connection
to the end Server, isn't there a way to force Apache to send a specific client
cert (the handshake is done in the Client even though the server is?

If it isn't, is there any alternatives that do this? Maybe if it was a
transparent proxy?

Thanks for all your time, regards,
Duarte Silva