httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting up testing
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:10:30 GMT
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bother: I did not need to install any extra modules - and this has taken
> forever, because I kept running into problems trying to install all the
> extra modules.

What modules?

> However, "Is this all there is?", and why do I not have a mod_perl.c - is
> that a "tester/developer" only module, or just no longer in the "all" list?

mod_perl is separate, but your test results imply the framework thinks
you built almost no modules and thus ran the absolute bare minimum of
tests.

Most shared modules would be built and loaded in the default
configuation, and there is a developer-mode flag to enable all the
modules compiled.  The test suite onl y tests modules enabled in your
configuration. It finds them when you configure it (perl
Makefile.PL...)

> Would you consider this a PASS for the tests?

Yes, with an asterisk that seemingly most modules were skipped so most
tests were not run.