httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document on developing modules for 2.4 and onwards
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:34:46 GMT
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Bing Swen <bswen@pku.edu.cn> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> The draft is already a great document and very useful for Httpd application developers.
And I think it could be more helpful if it provides some guidelines for updating modules from
2.2.x to 2.4.x, or some way to use the new 2.4 features.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/new_api_2_4.html

> Regards,
> Bing

an introductory segment on how to develop simple modules for httpd 2.4, so I took the liberty
of drawing up a proposal for what we could put in place for this request. The draft is located
at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/developer/modguide.html and I would much appreciate
it if you guys could give me some feedback on whether this will fit in as an, at least for
the time being, appropriate document to describe how to develop modules for the server.

> I plan to expand on the subject, probably add another 10 pages or so, during the summer,
as well as letting it into the 2.4 fold, provided I get positive feedback from this mailing
list.

> So, please do read the document and tell me what you think :) Any suggestions, critique
etc you might have will be warmly accepted.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...