httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SNI with apache 2.4.1 reverse proxy
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 07:15:16 GMT

The main reason I see for the "ProxyPreserveHost trick" is a reverse proxy setup,
where the backend application builds full qualified links into its HTML output based
on the information it gets from the Host header. The only other approach in this case
I can think of would be working with host entries on the reverse proxy to resolve the name
of the reverse proxy to the IP of the backend which is not really nice either.

Regards

Rüdiger