httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: Why aren't name-based vhosts not working properly under SSL?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:24:02 GMT
Without a NameVirtualHost directive this cannot work as you intend.
Add NameVirtualHost *:433

Regards

Rüdiger

From: Mikhail T. [mailto:mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com]
Sent: Montag, 16. April 2012 18:07
To: dev@httpd.apache.org; covener@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Why aren't name-based vhosts not working properly under SSL?

On 16.04.2012 11:55, Eric Covener wrote:

Got a pointer to your configuration?
Well, the real one I was designing now uses a work-around (single vhost with mod_rewrite examining
the Host-header and picking the proper subdirectore). Here is a mock one, that I'd rather
be using -- instead of messing with mod_rewrite:
Listen: 443

# Common settings for all:
SSLCertificateFile      conf/ssl.crt/everywhere.cer
SSLCertificateKeyFile   conf/ssl.key/everywhere.key
SSLCertificateChainFile conf/ssl.crt/Comodo-intermediate.cer

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName    drupal6
ServerAlias   project1.example.com
ServerAlias   project2.example.net
DocumentRoot  /www/drupal6
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName    drupal7
ServerAlias   project3.example.com
ServerAlias   project4.example.net
DocumentRoot  /www/drupal7
</VirtualHost>
Older projects 1 and 2 use Drupal-6, while the new projects 3 and 4 -- Drupal-7. Yours,
-mi