httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.2 as GA
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:18:12 GMT
On 05.04.2012 14:24, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.2 can be found
> at the usual place:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.2 GA.
> NOTE: The -deps tarballs are included here *only* to make life
> easier for the tester. They will not be, and are not, part
> of the official release.
>
>   [X] +1: Good to go
>   [ ] +0: meh
>   [ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.
>
> Vote will last the normal 72 hrs.

+1 for GA

Test Details:

- Sigs and hashes OK
- contents of tarballs identical
- contents of tag and tarballs identical
   except for expected deltas
   (we could cleanup some m4 files in apr-util/xml/expat/conftools
    at the end of buildconf, no regression)

Built on

- Solaris 8+10 Sparc as 32 Bit Binaries
- SLES 10 (32/64 Bits)
- SLES 11 (64 Bits)
- RHEL 5 and 6 (64 Bits)

- with default (shared) and static modules
- with module sets none, few, most, all, reallyall and default
   (always mod_privileges disabled)
- using --enable-load-all-modules
- against "included" APR/APU from deps tarball and
   external APR/APU 1.4.6/1.4.1

- using external libraries
   - expat 2.1.0
   - pcre 8.30
   - openssl 1.0.1
   - lua 5.2.0
   - distcache 1.5.1
   - libxml2 2.7.8-1

- Tool chain:
     - platform gcc except for Solaris
       (gcc 4.1.2 for Solaris 8 and 4.6.2 for Solaris 10)
     - CFLAGS: -O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
               (and -mpcu=v9 on Solaris)

All builds succeeded except for

- SLES 10 many static builds stop with error or crash during
   linking httpd IMHO because of too many commandline params
   (not a regression)
   - with "reallyall", "all" or "most" modules

Tested for

- Solaris 8+10 (32), SLES 10 (32/64), SLES 11 (64), RHEL 5+6 (64)
- MPMs prefork, worker, event (except for Solaris 8 - no event)
- default (shared) and static modules
- log levels info, debug and trace8
- module set reallyall

All Tests passed with the following exceptions:

a Test 5 in t/modules/dav.t:
   4 out of 222 tested builds had the "created" time after
   the "modified" time.
   This seems to be a platform issue, all tests done on NFS,
   many tested on virtualized guests.

b Test 8 in t/ssl/pr12355.t:
   Of the more than 200 runs there was one that failed this test,
   (on SLES 10). 60000 bytes were posted, but only 49126 bytes received
   (a little less than 48K). Not reproducible, very rare.
   PR 12355 is: POST incompatible w/ renegotiate https: connection

Both are not regressions (observed for 2.4.1 as well), are not strictly
reproducible and at least b is extremely rare.

Rainer