httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Fwd: Symantec wants to engage with Apache around ECC and DSA
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:37:44 GMT
Forwarding to our dev list with agreement by Geoffrey.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Symantec wants to engage with Apache around ECC and DSA
Datum: 	Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:06:45 -0700
Von: 	Geoffrey Noakes <Geoffrey_Noakes@symantec.com>
An: 	Igor Galic (i.galic@brainsware.org) <i.galic@brainsware.org>,
WilliamRowe (wrowe@apache.org) <wrowe@apache.org>, Daniel Gruno
(rumble@cord.dk)<rumble@cord.dk>, Eric Covener (covener@gmail.com)
<covener@gmail.com>, Rainer Jung (rainer.jung@kippdata.de)
<rainer.jung@kippdata.de>, BNICHOLES@netiq.com <BNICHOLES@netiq.com>,
Rich Bowen (rbowen@apache.org)<rbowen@apache.org>

Apache SSL team, with this message I want to schedule a time to brief
Apache about our plans for ECC and DSA. My subject matter expert on this
is Perry Tancredi – Perry was with VeriSign for 11 years; we are now
using him as a consultant on what we call Project Cipher.

Project Cipher has 2 goals:

·Accelerate our work around making ECC more ubiquitous: this will
include pushing out roots and testing for support across browsers and
servers

·Start our work around making DSA an alternative to RSA: this will
include developing broad support for DSA crypto

I would like to schedule a 15-30 minute conf call for Perry and I to
talk with the Apache team on this. May I ask you to let me know if you
are up for such a conversation, and assuming so, about when? We would
like to have this conversation on or before Friday, April 20.

I invite you to socialize this email within Apache to find the right people.

Thanks…

Geoff

Geoffrey W. Noakes

Director, Business Development