httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: CHANGES-FCGID is incorrect
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 04:30:22 GMT
I have corrected the 1236319 entry which should not have been recorded yet.

The patch does have value to a limited number of applications.  I even went
as far as to put caviats in the docs, and a see-docs note to the directive
cmd commentary.  I hope it dissuades the casual user from throwing it on there
unless they know it won't corrupt their app and know it solves their bug.

Please reconsider your veto.  I agree that it -should not- occur in any
real world scenario.  But there are unreal scenarios of server configs
and third party modules which spend minutes, not seconds, tearing down on
shutdown.  Those are the bugs.  But users just want some help and I think
this patch is some help in rare cases.  Disabled by default and won't be
used by much of anyone, we hope.  I'll revert (yet again) if you really
want to make a case that we should never support this, even as a workaround.

I presume you meant 51560 borrows the 51020 patch.  Please recheck, we might
be working a record for the number of transpositions in one bug resolution.