httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: Fwd: [users@httpd] SNI with apache 2.4.1 reverse proxy
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 06:20:28 GMT
On 07.04.2012 00:34, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
> I wanted to bring this up here - seems like a few things are going on
> that are confusing to me. I'll try to look into it when time becomes
> available, but I thought someone might have an opinion off the bat.

[...]

> [Fri Apr 06 11:23:55 2012] [error] Hostname www.example.com provided
> via SNI and hostname subdomain.example.com provided via HTTP are different

Seems like mod_ssl is not getting the "proper" host name in the
"proxy-request-hostname" note... from a quick glance at the "working
HTTPS reverse proxy configuration of httpd 2.2", he is obviously trying
to forward the whole domain to port 12443 on the same machine (note
the "*.example.com" ServerAlias):

> <VirtualHost *:443>
> 	DocumentRoot /var/www/www.example.com
>
> 	ServerName www.example.com
> 	ServerAlias example.com *.example.com
[...]
> 	ProxyPass / https://www.example.com:12443/
> 	ProxyPassReverse / https://www.example.com:12443/

Then it looks like mod_proxy_http determines the value for
"proxy-request-hostname" from the remote URL in ProxyPass, but is
passing on the Host header from the original request.

Kaspar