httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache httpd 2.4.x on Windows
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 04:49:08 GMT
Very cool :)

Claudio, we can point you precisely to where httpd 2.4 goes off the
rails.  We instantiate a socket connection (accept() or AcceptEx()
yet our presumptions about the state of the socket (block/nonblock
timeouts etc) were not honored.  There is a call, apr_os_socket_make()
which APR makes certain assumptions about.

Seems too fragile.  Perhaps that _make() call needs to IoCtl at the
socket to determine all of the 'anticipated' state conditions to be
able to roll on with the correct assumptions.

On 4/4/2012 5:13 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Good news! Gianugo and Claudio have offered to see how they
> can help us in resolving the SSL issues w/ httpd 2.4.x...
> As you can see, Claudio is the main guru who may be able
> to provide the most insight.
>
> I've CC'ed both on this Email.

> mailing list.
>
> On Apr 4, 2012, at 1:57 PM, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>
>> Jim, meet Claudio Caldato. Claudio is a fellow Italian and we work in the same team.
He's the one to blame for making node.js sing on Windows and he'd be happy to start investigating
how we can help httpd as well. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

>> --
>> Gianugo Rabellino
>> Sr. Director, Open Source Communities, Microsoft Corp.

such that we can't get SSL to work well with the Windows networking stack... as such, even
though it's GA for Unix and Unix-like OSs, Windows is still considered beta. We'd like to
address that :)

>> So I was wondering if there's a team in MS we could ping to get some better insights
on what might be going on... we want to ensure that Windows is a fully supported OS for httpd.