httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [RE-VOTE #3] adoption of mod_combine subproject
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 01:37:51 GMT
On 4/3/2012 7:28 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 04/03/2012 08:14 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>
>> Sam's prime weakness is an aversion to delegation.
>
> You have that exactly 180 degrees backwards.  I am not responding precisely BECAUSE I
> believe in delegation.

As well you should... it is for the PMC to decide...

> As danielsh pointed out, I asked a simple binary question.  Instead of a simple binary
> reply, I get answers in the form of a question.

Why did you ask a question?  Nobody asked you to ask a question, but rather...

People including myself, Eric, Graham and Roy are asking you a question.
Where is the process documented?  The PMC will collectively exercise the
process and protect the integrity of the foundation, as you yourself have
insisted that we do.  We don't need you, on behalf of ASF legal, to determine
what the heck Graham is doing, but we need to you to document how Eric, PMC VP
is to supervise the project which is delegated to his direct oversight, and
how we can support him in that supervision.

> Don't do that.

Et tu

> I have stated that this is up to the PMC to decide.  I have pointed to the criteria.
 If
> the PMC is note only welcome to execute according to that criteria, it absolutely is
> expected to do so.

Excellent.  I think we agree on critera.  Our only difference of opinion is that,
on my reading of the ICLA, it's impossible for a committer to do what you are
asking the committer to confirm they have not done.

> Should the PMC operate outside of that criteria, the Legal Affairs committee will act.

> Answer that question with an affirmative, and there will be no reason for the Legal
> Affairs committee to intercede.

I'm certain it will and welcome the committee's proactive activity to resolve
this for the benefit of all TLPs.

> Meanwhile, do NOT continue to attempt pass off your responsibility to others.

I will absolutely not shirk my own responsibility, which in this matter, is
neither the responsibility of a committer placing code at the ASF, an officer
acting under the direction of the BoD, nor a a director of the ASF.  Which is
to say, my entire responsibility as a member of the project and the foundation
consisted of bringing the concern to the chair of the project and VP Legal,
and let you all have your fun.  I'm done with this dialog.  Cheers.