httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1326980 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/loggers/mod_log_debug.c
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:41:31 GMT
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:48:03PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> Odd... there is no language assurance that these statics remain static
> across module reloads.  A static var != static fn.

I don't know what you mean here, sorry.  static/extern for global
variables does have basically the same semantics as functions, it means
private/public to the compilation unit respectively.  These variables
should not be public since they lack namespace-safety and are genuinely
private to the module.  Am I missing something?

Regards, Joe