httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Moving on
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:34:51 GMT

On Apr 20, 2012, at 10:15 AM, Dr Stephen Henson wrote:

>> But with no mention of swimming pools full of puppies or Lord
>> Palmerston? Of course no one gets it...
>>

> I was either that, bicycles or asking if someone had passed their driving test.

Thank you, both of you, for further illustrating my point. Now, ask yourself whether your
mutual chuckle was worth making most of the rest of us feel like we were outside some shared
joke.

For myself, I'm not sure I care. I'm somewhat used to being a foreigner in a culture of shared
jokes, and one learns to ignore it. But some people find it very alienating, and this is a
loss to all of us.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen