httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bing Swen" <bs...@pku.edu.cn>
Subject Re: Document on developing modules for 2.4 and onwards
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:07:29 GMT
Hi Daniel,

The draft is already a great document and very useful for Httpd application developers. And
I think it could be more helpful if it provides some guidelines for updating modules from
2.2.x to 2.4.x, or some way to use the new 2.4 features.

Regards,
Bing

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Daniel Gruno [mailto:rumble@cord.dk]
发送时间: 2012年4月11日 17:13
收件人: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org; dev@httpd.apache.org
主题: Fwd: Document on developing modules for 2.4 and onwards

As per Igor's advice, I'm forwarding this message to the dev@ and modules-dev@ lists as well:

Hello all httpd document lovers,
As per our nifty little STATUS document, it came to my attention that we were missing an introductory
segment on how to develop simple modules for httpd 2.4, so I took the liberty of drawing up
a proposal for what we could put in place for this request. The draft is located at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/developer/modguide.html
and I would much appreciate it if you guys could give me some feedback on whether this will
fit in as an, at least for the time being, appropriate document to describe how to develop
modules for the server.

I plan to expand on the subject, probably add another 10 pages or so, during the summer, as
well as letting it into the 2.4 fold, provided I get positive feedback from this mailing list.

So, please do read the document and tell me what you think :) Any suggestions, critique etc
you might have will be warmly accepted.

With regards,
Daniel.