Seems dangerous to even comment in this flow - but as I am all about thinking "testing" at the moment - is there any thought about how to test this. From a packaging point of view I would expect tooling to be able to test are "included" functions. As a user I would expect anything in trunk (what I would call main) to be guaranteed.

I cannot have an opinion about the reasoning for placing something in, or not in "trunk", and I would expect something to at least have gone through some sort of testing process - live testing - before committing anything to a product/service. Before testing was completed I would only dare speaking of an intention to add.

Isnt it something along the lines of: "The proof of the pudding is the eating".

To me this is just mod_foo, and as far as I know it has never been tested. (If it is already in trunk maybe I have already compiled it and just do not know it :p) - and that alone would make me postpone a non-reversible decision.

Makes me think of what someone old and wise said to me when I was young: you (or she) only has to say Yes, or even (yes) once.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mar 1, 2012 1:29 PM, "Jim Jagielski" <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2012, at 1:11 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>
> > Let's simply reset this whole mess.
> >
> > A proposal to adopt mod_firehose is attached.
> >
> >  [X] Option 1: adopt as trunk module
> >  [ ] Option 2: adopt only as subproject
> >  [ ] Option 3: do not adopt

+1 for Option 1.