httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RE-VOTE] adoption of mod_firehose MODULE
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:05:13 GMT
Seems dangerous to even comment in this flow - but as I am all about
thinking "testing" at the moment - is there any thought about how to test
this. From a packaging point of view I would expect tooling to be able to
test are "included" functions. As a user I would expect anything in trunk
(what I would call main) to be guaranteed.

I cannot have an opinion about the reasoning for placing something in, or
not in "trunk", and I would expect something to at least have gone through
some sort of testing process - live testing - before committing anything to
a product/service. Before testing was completed I would only dare speaking
of an intention to add.

Isnt it something along the lines of: "The proof of the pudding is the
eating".

To me this is just mod_foo, and as far as I know it has never been tested.
(If it is already in trunk maybe I have already compiled it and just do not
know it :p) - and that alone would make me postpone a non-reversible
decision.

Makes me think of what someone old and wise said to me when I was young:
you (or she) only has to say Yes, or even (yes) once.