httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting up testing
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:01:00 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Want to get started on this. I read the links from
> http://httpd.apache.org/test/ and think I understand the flood subproject.
> From reading the forums here recently I get the impression that more than
> flood is being used, or even something other than flood.
>
> Looking for assistance and suggestions.

perl framework...

get svn on your AIX box if you don't have it already

check out /httpd/test/framework/trunk/

perl Makefile.PL -apxs /path/to/apxs
t/TEST
t/TEST -clean

No it won't be fun because things will fail and there will be many
different reasons, few if any obvious ones :)

You will likely need to install more Perl modules...  Some old
instructions of mine:

    perl -MCPAN -e 'shell'
    cpan>install Test::Harness
    cpan>install URI
    cpan>install LWP::Protocol::https
    cpan>install HTTP::DAV
    cpan>install Bundle::ApacheTest
    cpan>install LWP::Simple

(dunno if this is current or everything you need on your level of AIX;
this was for OpenSolaris a couple of years ago)