httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting up testing
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:22:06 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
> One quick question: can I assume that the test is ideally in a different
> machine than the httpd system being tested, or do the tests assume
> localhost?

To be honest I haven't looked, but I suspect it is local host only...
 Once you have the test suite installed somewhere, try t/TEST -help
and you'll see a multitude of options, some of which are for
controlling the test environment more closely than with the very basic
instructions I gave.

Come to think of it, try it first on Linux and get it running cleanly
there with help of dev@ as necessary, then when on AIX and possibly
stumbling through issues getting the right CPAN packages installed
you'll already know what it is supposed to look like.  And of course
you can play with the available test variations.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...