httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: httpd 2.4.1 and mod_slotmem_shm / mod_proxy_balancer (AH01179)
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:18:40 GMT
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Zisis Lianas <Zisis.Lianas@consol.de> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> for me/us it's needed, because we operate with multi-instancing.
>
> e.g.:
> Apache installation directory ("ServerRoot") is /opt/http-2.4.x/
> (belonging to apache:apache). This installation only provides the
> httpd binaries/modules.

ServerRoot does not have to be the directory above {bin,libexec,sbin}.
It should be the directory above {conf,logs}.

When running in this scenario, you do have to have absolute paths to
your apache modules, eg:

LoadModule status_module /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_status.so

rather than:

LoadModule status_module libexec/apache22/mod_status.so

The disadvantage of doing it this way is that you have to specify full
paths to all your modules. The disadvantage of doing it your way is
that your ServerRoot is not your ServerRoot...

Cheers

Tom