httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Brandt <>
Subject Re: [Patch] mod_cache_socache (to replace mod_mem_cache)
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:39:28 GMT

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 01:33, Graham Leggett <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> During development of mod_cache, mod_disk_cache was renamed to mod_cache_disk to make
it possible to have a sensible name for this module, mod_cache_socache, which replaces mod_mem_cache
from httpd v2.2.
> This module provides a simple backend for mod_cache backed with the socache interface,
which allows you to cache to memcache, shared memory, or any other mod_socache_* implementation.
The docs explain it further. This module is useful where there is no suitable cache disk available
to support mod_cache_disk.
> (I didn't want to post this until v2.4 was baked, so as not to hold up that release).

View raw message