httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: SVN question (Was: Re: log-message-tags)
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:32:23 GMT
On 07 Mar 2012, at 1:27 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> A question for SVN experts: can we create an export or something like
> that that puts the trunk version of docs/log-message-tags/ in
> the 2.4 branch, so that there exists only 1 canonical version
> and it lives in trunk but is "referred" to in the 2.4 branch?

Would we ever use this on the v2.4 branch at all?

In theory, nothing should hit v2.4 that isn't already on trunk, and a log message in v2.4
should definitely mirror the same log message in trunk. If I'm understanding this correctly,
we're worrying about something that should in theory never be used.

Ideally we just need a README of some kind to indicate briefly how it works, and to look in
trunk. We shouldn't encourage v2.4 having messages of it's own.

Regards,
Graham