httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steffen" <i...@apachelounge.com>
Subject Re: A push for 2.4.2
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:22:13 GMT
A new expat 2.1.0 is available, like to see it also included in apr and test
with 2.4.2.

Bill was waiting for it:

From:       "William A. Rowe Jr."
Date:       2012-03-08 20:27:25
Nor am I (aware of issues), however expat 2.0.1 has vulnerabilites which
are corrected in the expat project's svn but not in a 'release' (we have
a patched flavor of 1.9.5 in apr project's repository).  We won't ship the
apr 1.4.6 +patch, but would wait for apr to release again.  OpenSSL is
about to deliver 1.0.1 (and then deprecate 1.0.0 long before we finish any
httpd 2.4 cycle) so waiting the additional week or few for the brand new
openssl 1.0.1 and a new apr tag (and a new expat 2.0.2 would really be
lovely).